Custom Search

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Adsense Doesn't Work Anymore




As with most people I know, I haven't made any money using Adsense. I knew that the wave of making good money through Adsense revenue had probably passed at least a few years ago.

So, what works now? I'm trying to figure that out myself. I've read two blogs this week that talk endlessly about how it's nearly impossible for most people to make money off of blogging, yet there are people that do it. Here is the more informative of the two blog posts http://www.copyblogger.com/no-money-blogging/

Basically what I understand is that there needs to be a unique business model associated with your content and with your blog. If it doesn't solve people's problems, it probably won't make money. Writing entertainment blogs seems to not be the way to go, although I enjoy writing entertainment type posts on JR's Not So Literal Logging.

So this leads me to wonder, how can I solve people's problems? What skills do I have that people would pay for? Well, I've got a lot of those skills to be perfectly honest! The act of brainstorming them will be a new way to shift the paradigm of how I think about making money.

So, I'm going to take my first step in trying a new Ad program called Chitika. It's supposedly much more effective than Adsense these days. We'll see! I'm looking forward to seeing some revenue come in based off of the page views I get.

Let me know what you think about solving people's problems and making money off of it. Also, let me know what you think of the Chitika Ads!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you can't make money off of blogging, you can always do what I did...Convince my company that they can benefit from having a blog! =)

JR Moreau said...

My company has a blog! But the marketing officials (the other side of the office) do all the writing on it. I'm just a peon who should stick to databases and answering the doorbell :-)