Custom Search

Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Movie Endings, Happy Monday and Happy Snowstorms

How was everyone's commute today? Mine was terrible! The daylight savings event completely threw me off and I didn't even bother to check the weather report before I left the house. I don't look forward to the ride home. I'll probably post up at a coffee shop and do some work until I feel it reasonable to hit the trail.

After viewing "Watchmen" over the weekend, I can envision just about anything twisted with a positive, holistic perspective and vice versa. What a movie! I had absolutely no background on the comic book series as I was a dedicated X-Men nerd throughout my childhood. I read a few reviews of "Watchmen" and the general consensus was that it stumbled a few times and was not a perfect movie, but just about anyone with an open mind can appreciate the effort that went into making this film. It was not a CGI display with an empty plot. Maybe the concept of relativity (Einstein) is particularly resonating with me, but "Watchmen" touched a lot of nerves in me. I'm probably going to watch it several more times. To top it all off, the action was intense and graphic. It even made me go "oh my fucking god!" a few times. An arm lock followed by a penetrating bone-break always makes me squirm a little. I walked out feeling pretty exhilarated, trying to remember the last time that a Hollywood made movie provoked such thoughts from me.

On a side note, I'm getting business from various sources and it feels.... GREAT! Economy be damned, I'm going to keep knocking these assignments out of the park. This is MY time.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!

1 comment:

Justin Kownacki said...

Thanks for the comment on my own Watchmen post. You're one of the few people I've heard from who had no exposure to the story beforehand and who found the film as exhilarating as we longtime fans found the original comic to be.

If you have a chance, grab a copy of the book itself; seeing what was left out -- and the way it was all constructed in the first place -- is an experience all its own. :)