Custom Search

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Give me my ball and chain

I've been driving back to Worcester quite a bit lately. My grandmother is laid up after breaking her pelvis and I'm trying to get in as often as possible. I've been tossing around the idea of buying a house or apartment in Worcester through the Buy Worcester Now program. The idea of being close to my family is appealing and scary at the same time. I'd like to travel, see the country and hold different jobs, but as of now I know I don't have that kind of money and won't be able to get ahead simply paying people rent money that could be going towards owning something. The girlfriend is going to be living about an hour away for at least a year and so that's something else to deal with.

Heavy stuff indeed. Treading water just doesn't appeal to me on the long term and the "big breaks" I've been waiting for haven't come my way yet and I have a feeling that taking what I want out of life is how it's going to have to be. The pacifist in me isn't financially savvy. I need to get on that.

No comments: