Custom Search

Friday, December 19, 2008

Can You Recommend A Good Business Book?

I like to read a lot. I am always reading at least two books at a time and I usually read about a book a week in all. I have been an absolute fiction freak for the past 4 years, but I'm shifting towards business books a bit more now. The entrepreneur in me is screaming to be let out.

I have been contributing to and reading blogs quite heavily for the past year or so. I've always blogged to some degree, but I became resolved to write every day in a purposeful manner and realized that a blog focusing on issues that people of my generation face would be good motivation to raise the bar each day.

That being said, I've been reading business blogs lately and they have given me excellent motivation and advice for starting my own business. I also reviewed a business novel called "Jack's Notebook" by Gregg Fraley, which I loved as well. Now my appetite is whetted and I no longer crave fiction as much as I do a good business novel. I want to read practical and applicable advice on how people started their businesses and how I can get mine going from the point it's at now.

I'm very interested in any and all suggestions. Whether it's a blog, published white paper, etc. I'm hungry for all knowledge. I'll obviously search some out and whatever I read and really like, I'll share with you.

What business books, or any books for that matter, have changed your perspectives in 2008?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't have any suggestions for you now, but I will keep an open eye and ear for any good ones, and will definitely let you know if I hear of anything good!

SG said...

i shall ask a close friend this weekend (he has lots of biz books/internet biz books); i'm not up on those in particular, but Jack's Notebook intrigued me from the get-go, prolly cos it's in novel form.

i, too, read more than one book at a time (the only way to go), iz stawree of mai lief akshually, LOL.