Custom Search

Friday, October 3, 2008

Quick Before and After Recap of My Day in Chicago

Pre Interview Sitting in a Cafeteria:
Not an entirely bad day thus far. I got up at 5:30 am as planned and found it kind of difficult to get myself in gear. I knew and pained over the fact that today was going to be such a long day. After a good breakfast I got my suit on and headed out the door at 7:00 am. Leaving this early in the past I encountered little to no traffic. Today was different. The ride to Logan took about an hour and forty-five minutes. I kept my cool and didn’t get too upset because I knew if I started my day off angry it wasn’t going to help my interview.
I found parking easily and made it through security with no hang ups. When I made it to my gate they were finishing boarding and I didn’t have to wait in line at all. My layover was in Philadelphia which wasn’t the best airport in recent memory. After looking around in vain for food I decided to head for my gate and find better fare in Chicago. That didn’t exactly work either. I would up paying over $18 dollars for a sandwich, coffee and bottled water. Ridiculous! At this point I was really hungry and thirsty because US Air doesn’t give complementary anything on their flights, so I just sucked It up along with my overpriced sandwich and beverages.

Post Interview Waiting to Board my Plane:

It went well. My flight is boarding so I can’t elaborate too much. They drilled some hard questions, but I fielded them nicely and I don’t feel like I would have said or done anything differently. I was told I’ll hear next week. I really hope I get this job. The people there seem really nice and dedicated to what they do. It could be the opportunity of a lifetime.

The office is literally located ten minutes from the airport. Super easy for getting to. I could live anywhere and have direct access. The company is growing fast. I think I have a good chance of getting a job offer. We'll see.

Wish me luck. No matter what happens I am so happy I went!

No comments: