Custom Search

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sending Out An S.O.S.

Can somebody please sent Saint Bernards and a Swiss search party? I'm completely buried under piles of work!

The title just stuck out in my head, even though I hate The Police like the The Dude (Big Lebowski) hates The Eagles.

I'm going to try to make it to Gloucester tonight for Seth and Jim's presentation. I was only able to contribute a few hours of research due to recent work obligations, but I really want to be there for support and networking reasons. I'm really pumped to hear them put some radical ideas about biology and global warming into peoples heads. So, at 5PM, unless the roof collapses I'm leaving my desk and heading north. I'm well on my way to having everything done already, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I want to write a bit about Hunter S. Thompson's last article for the Rolling Stone Magazine in 2004. It would be interesting to write what he would think (a theoretical interpretation, of course). I also want to share thoughts on new consulting/job angles and making the best of my current situation.

Also, for the record: although I didn't get the job in Chicago that I truly and badly wanted to get, I understand their decision. I learned a lot about the industry and the type of person that is best suited for marketing, sales, PR and advertising of renewable energies and sustainable technologies. I'm not just saying this because I'm hurt or in denial. The next time around, or the time after that (and so fourth) I'll be able to hone in on the exact jobs I want and assert myself correctly to get that job.

I shall try to update when the dust settles. I know this blog is all over the place today. Also, I can't wait to get my other blogs up and running!

Until then, much love.

No comments: