Custom Search

Monday, September 29, 2008

Big Week, Big Traffic Delays, Immune System Don't Fail Me Now!



My puffy, allergy and cold ridden eyes cracked open at 6:30 am and I began my new routine of getting ready for my drive from Worcester to Watertown. Quick bite to eat with coffee set me off into the shower, got dressed and was out of the door at about 7:50 am. Fast forward; 9:45 and I am pulling into my company's parking lot thinking, "did it really just take that long to drive 35 miles?" I did encounter 2 accidents and one breakdown. Boston traffic is just lovely!

No matter, as I'm usually on time for work and do my duty above and beyond. I think I may leave at 7:00 am tomorrow which means I'll have to get up at 6:00 am and get ready faster. These are things I expected and trial runs will continue until I'm able to easily get to work by 8:30-8:45am.

Thursday morning I fly to Chicago to meet and interview the people in charge of marketing and sales at a major wind power corporation. The company is huge and I'm really going nuts over how to present myself and how much I know about wind energy. I've been reading up on this stuff for years, but I've never had to use my knowledge outside of job interviews and presentations. This is big business! That being said, I am clearly passionate about this and I think they'll see that. I buffed the hell out of my shoes last night and I can see my reflection in them. How about that? I've never done shined my shoes for an interview before! Golly!

The move to Worcester was grueling. I've been sick since Friday and I'm getting over it now. It took two trips to get most of my junk out of the room. I left behind my bed and some shelves that I plan on retrieving sometime this week with my grandfather's truck. I need the rain to let up before I can lug that big mattress back. For now I'm staying in my mom's apartment (lame!) until the upstairs apartment is ready. The tenants can't move out for couple weeks which I was just informed of yesterday.

Tough situation, but at least I've got other stuff, both positive and negative, to take my mind off setbacks like this. Hopefully I'll be looking for apartments in Chicago before the people move out and I can just save everybody the trouble. I just need to make sure my cousin is taken care of and has a good place to stay. I'm guessing he can stay there if he gets a room mate. I'm doing my best to help him out whenever and however I can. I hope he doesn't hate me for this last-minute Chicago development.

No comments: