Custom Search

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Social Media Headbanging

Twitter is something I was sure I’d never use regularly. I’ve never been one for serious social networking via electronics or “social media,” but as I grow up and become more serious about my career, I realize the “next step” is reliant upon people’s image of who I am and what I stand for.

How can I realistically get my name and work out there when I work 10 hour days regularly and then try to get the right amount of sleep, exercise and extracurricular fun and freelancing in? I don’t want to, nor can I afford bars or nigh clubs, so Web 2.0 has offered me interesting alternatives to seek out and be sought out by like-minded professionals.

The question remains, how do I effectively use my time on social network sites? How do I blog effectively to convey my ideas and personality in a productive manner? How do I brand myself and become an internet rock star like Gary Vaynerchuk? Well I’m sure I’ve got a story or two inside this brain of mine and many more ideas to formulate. Marketing one’s self is so important.

As GV says on http://www.garyvaynerchuk.com, it’s all about the “hustle.” Hustle. 2.0.

No comments: