Custom Search

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Insomnia, where have you been all these years?

A weekend of driving, sunning, drinking, eating and spending I capped everything off with a drunken mess of a night at Francis and Lindsay's. I didn't drink so much, but the lack of food all day made the beers go an extra few miles on my equilibrium. Good god was I hammered. To top it off, I couldn't keep anything down once I got home, so I opted to cut my losses and go to bed early. I think I passed out around 8:30 pm. Dumb move.

Come 2:30 I was up with the central europeans leaving for work. I did everything in my power to get back to sleep, but I didn't get any rest until 6AM. Then I woke up at 7:30 and got ready for work. Now I can't really tell which way is up at all.

This reminds me of my heavy partying years. I don't like it. I remeber why I straightened up a bit. My grandfather said people who drink wine like I do are closet alchoholics. Boy does he throw rocks in a glass house!

I've been heading back to Worcester a lot to see my gram in the nursing home. She's healing up quicker than I'd thought. She's such a sweetheart. I feel so bad about her getting hurt all the time. I told her I'm going to put her in a big plastic bubble. She thought that was funny. She really appreciates me coming to hang out. My grandfather is always there. We just joke about politics and talk about food. Our two most passionate topics. Family is really beautiful.

I'm taking on a ton of wriitng assignments this month. I'm going to write myself into a better financial and geographic situation.

No comments: